Purchase our delicious 100% Grass Fed Beef directly from the Farm!
SATURDAYS 10am to 3pm
Out and about town?
Market Season 2018 info!
Port Townsend Farmers Market - 1st & 3rd Saturdays, 9am to 2pm
Port Orchard Farmers Market - 2nd & 4th Saturdays, 9am to 2pm
Central Kitsap Farmers Market - Tuesdays 3pm to 7pm
Bremerton Thursday Night Market - Thursday 4pm to 7pm
Chimacum Farmers Market - Sunday 10am to 2pm
RECIPE OF THE MONTH
This is one of our favorite recipes from
Weber's New Real Grilling
By Jamie Purviance
New York Strip Steaks
with Parmesan- Basil Crust and Garlic Butter
Serves-4 Prep time 10 min Grilling time 6-8 min
4 New York Strip steak (from Short's Family Farm!)
1 Tablespoon extra-virgin oil
1 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
1 Teaspoon Fresh Ground Pepper
1 Cup Fresh Grated Parmesan Cheese
2 Tablespoon Finely Chopped Fresh Basil Leaves
1/4 Cup (1/2 stick butter) unsalted butter
2 Medium cloves garlic, minced or pressed
1. Lightly brush steaks on both sides with oil and season evenly with salt and pepper. Allow the steak to stand at room temperature for 15-30 min before grilling.
2. Prepare the grill for direct cooking over high heat (450 to 550 f)
3. Combine cheese and the basil.
4. Sear the steaks over direct-high heat., with the lid closed, for 3 to 4 min. Turn the steaks over and generally coat the top of each steak with cheese and basil mixture. Close the lid and continue grilling until cheese is melted and steaks are cook to your desire. Remove from grill and let rest from 3-5 minutes.
5. Meanwhile in sauce pan over medium heat combine the butter and garlic and heat until butter is melted and garlic is sizzled. Remove from heat, spoon the garlic butter over the steaks and serve right away.